What's the Difference Between BB and CC Cream?
Makeup routine has become so much easier because of the all-in-one beauty wonders BB & CC Creams! Instead of 4-5 products, now you only need one! But what is the difference between BB and CC Cream when should you use it? read more
Makeup routine has become so much easier because of the all-in-one beauty wonders BB & CC Creams! Instead of 4-5 products, now you only need one! But what is the difference between BB and CC Cream when should you use it?
BB Creams or Blemish Balms / Beauty Balms (in western markets) are famous for evening out skin tones and healing skin imperfections. BB creams are a combination of primers, serums, moisturizers, and sunblockers. All-in-one! They give you a fresh and flawless look without a heavy or cakey feel.
For a natural look, BB creams are best applied with a brush or a beauty blender. If you want higher coverage, just add another layer. Dab a small amount, blend it in, and dry a little before you put another layer.
- If you have oily skin, choose a BB cream that has a matte finish. You can put a primer first if your skin is too oily so the cream will stay longer on your face. Put some powder on top for a smoother & matte finish. Apply the BB cream several times per day if your are going for a heavy activity under the sun.
- If you have normal skin, you can use almost any BB cream. You can go for a dewy look or matte finish. You only have to pick the right tone that will match your complexion.
- If you dry skin, choose a BB cream with a watery or thin consistency. This will provide moisture to your skin, preventing skin irritation or flakiness (especially during treatments).
CC Creams or Colour Correctors / Complexion Correctors are a multi-purpose product that help you cover redness and uneven or flaky skin. It has a sheer coverage, is super lightweight, and has high SPF to protect your skin from aging. It works against age spots, skin discoloration and wrinkles.
CC Creams can be applied with a brush, sponge, beauty blender, or with your clean fingers. A little amount of the product can give you a radiant and luminous complexion. Just dab dots onto face, then blend in circular motions.
- If you have acne-prone / oily skin, stay away from oil-based CC Creams. You can use the green colour creams to cover and calm redness.
- If you have normal skin, choose a lavender-toned cream. It corrects dull and tired looking skin and neutralises your skin tone.
- If you have dry skin, choose formulas with more moisturizing properties and apply it before your foundation.